Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 1, Post-Job Inquiry

I did not receive any reply from either of the two positions to which I applied, yesterday.  On the way home yesterday, I did inquire about a "real job," cleaning model homes and construction sites on Thursday and Friday evenings.  That takes more time from my family and unfortunately, one cannot accomplish this via smart phone, no matter how smart.

That brings up a very important thought - has our society given up on hands-on?  I mean, is it possible that we have become so caught up in technology and remote working, that "hard work" might become more difficult to come by?  Might "blue collar" make a comeback, simply due to supply and demand?

I've always fancied myself as a blue collar guy with a tie.  Maybe there's a renaissance in the works.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment